BIM Consultant / MEP
An opportunity now exists to join the business as a BIM Consultant, supporting Symetri clients through advice, strategies and more.
Symetri helps innovative companies in the construction and manufacturing industry to optimise their working methods and increase the quality of their projects.
With more than 750 employees and 250,000 daily users in northern Europe and United States of America, Symetri can offer effective guidance in everything from BIM (Building Information Modelling), 3D modelling and simulation to PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) and how to maximise the potential of the project through
design, construction and operations.
Many of our solutions are based on the principles behind Lean with benefits such as lower development and production costs, reduced material use and shorter lead times, not to mention greater scope for creativity and better end results.
We have over 30 offices in Northern Europe and the United States of America.
Symetri is part of Addnode Group.
This is a proactive role and you will be responsible for supporting Symetri clients by providing advice, developing digital strategies, providing training, demonstrating latest technologies and supporting their projects. You will be expected to work remotely or from the client offices.
You will also be responsible for developing a trusted working relationship with Symetri customers, through your engagements, that will deliver value to their business which will result in the expansion of the Symetri engagements.
The ideal candidate will be ambitious, hardworking, and a trustworthy team player with passion for technology who is self-motivated and independent. You must be able to manage your time and tasks effectively and you will be expected to work in supporting the team as whole as well as achieving your own personal Key Performance Indicators.
- Support clients projects using the latest digital tools and processes
- Attend/host coordination meetings
- Coordinate design team and sub-contractors work
- Be able to demonstrate, map and integrate disparate AECO technologies to solve design workflow
- Support the success of the Symetri sales team by providing technical presentations and
- Perform in-depth assessments to investigate, uncover and understand a customer's business issues
- Identify and propose options for improvement or resolution of customer issues and relate those solutions directly to the customer' business goals
- Deliver effective, professional product demonstrations to customers
- Grow and maintain respected, long-term, trusted advisor relationships with customers and members of the Symetri team involved with the opportunity
- Deliver training
- Provide technical support to our clients
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Superior presentation skills, business process analysis and listening skills
- Proficiency in information gathering and technical discovery techniques
- Ability to set and manage goals
- Ability to work independently and be resourceful
- Strong teamwork / relationship management skills
- Ability to build and contribute to an open and collaborative environment
- Ability to work within a fast-paced dynamic environment
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle may be required due to travel requirements of this role
- Flexibility to travel nationally and internationally
Experience & credentials:
- Must have minimum 5 years’ cross discipline experience in AECO, BIM and digital technologies
- Degree in Architectural, Engineering or related industry required
- Professional registration and industry accreditations, preferred but not required
- Must have demonstrated and current direct experience with the process, workflow and use of BIM and
infrastructure software of complex engineering projects using various BIM related platforms
- Understanding of project processes, workflows, contractual obligations and responsibilities between
various members of the design team – proven experience required
- Understanding of ISO19650 processes and legislation with proven project experience
- Passion for digital technology
Symetri actively promote from within the organisation wherever possible, so excellent development opportunities are available to grow from this role into an Account Manager role or similar.