To be competitive today, companies cannot focus only on themselves. The whole value chain should be optimised. For the manufacturing industry, which usually incorporates manufacturers, operators, consumers and maintainers, they all need to be part of the digital value chain.Learn more
Does your IT know the actual annual costs of your company's design software?
Most organisations have streamlined operations, which has resulted in an increased need for mobility and optimisation of company resources. Laptops, mobile licences and the possibility of remote working all help to support these needs.
Licence procurement is governed by high cost awareness, but the needs may vary considerably from time to time.
Does your IT have methods of assessing design software's actual costs, license needs and securing compliancy?
With the right support and solutions, your IT can:
- Verify the true utilisation rate of your company's software licenses
- Minimise the costs of unused software licenses
- Find out who uses software licenses and at what utilisation rate
- See if the right licenses are available to those who need them
- Know when and who have borrowed software licenses and when they were returned back for use
- Find out the direct licensing cost for those actually using them, such as a user, unit, department or project
- Know exactly which software products have been installed specifically for workstations
- Ensure that the installed software meets the producer’s licensing terms.
By installing Symetri's license management solution you can identify the real utilisation rates, needs and costs of licenses, irrespective of the network license management system you use.
Case Etteplan Oyj:
Do the right people have the right tools, and are the cost allocations going to the right team?
In a large engineering company, managing several engineering software solutions is challenging without a good monitoring system. That is why Etteplan Oyj decided to invest in CQFlexMon and the solution was developed to meet Etteplan’s needs. Today all of Etteplan’s engineering software, across the world, is incorporated into the system.
Interested to allocate design software costs correctly and secure license availability as needed?
Design thinking is looking at a problem we want to tackle with a growth mindset. We focus on the present, look at outside information for help and learn from our customers. We cannot rely only on data for results as innovation is driven by customer focus and empathy and a new approach to thinking.Learn more
Data sharing will allow companies to break new grounds and to innovate faster. However, it has it´s obstacles that have to be overcome; engineering changes that are not properly communicated or documented, designers being interrupted by colleagues who need the data, 'data consumers'.Learn more