Tom Rudge works on our UK construction team in Enfield, London as a Digital Construction Consultant. He helps customers with both the theory and practice of BIM to drive improved outcomes.Learn more
Meridian new features and latest upgrades
Accruent recently added some exciting new features to the Meridian Server, making it more powerful and seamless than ever before.
Latest Meridian upgrades
Autodesk Family 2021 Support
Meridian Server 2020 R2 now features support for the latest release of Autodesk design tools.
Our new Forge Integration allows you to view and use your existing workflows on 3D models in PowerWeb. With Forge, you can view, rotate, slice and explode complex models created in Revit, Inventor and SolidWorks. This gives designers and reviewers a more complete picture of the model.
Forge is integrated with the Meridian Publisher. For the file types configured, the Publisher will send the source files to the Forge service which will render it to an internal format that can be viewed. The rendering remains in the AutoDesk file structure, the source files are deleted within 24 hours.
Portal Integration: Integrated Workflows
Meridian 2020 R2 offers seamless integration with Portal as part of a workflow in Meridian. Exchange of documents is triggered as part of a workflow process and is now handled entirely in the background. Notifications keep the workflow moving by making users aware of important events.
By streamlining integration with Portal, you can now unlock documents on close package as well as access portal package from PowerWeb. Document Types can also now be shared between Meridian and Portal and the user can send the latest released revision of a document to Portal for information.
PowerWeb: Preparing for the transition
Meridian 2020 R2 has numerous enhancements to enable the transition from PowerUser to PowerWeb:
- Confirmation Pages now support advanced logic in combination with workflow transitions, helping make the workflows more efficient and improve the quality of the data in Meridian.
- Meridian Publisher now give PowerWeb users access to title block and reference synchronisation for all authoring packages support by Meridian.
- Several enhancements have made working remotely on complex CAD designs more powerful and more performant.
PowerWeb and Explorer: Metadata Validation
Meridian 2020 R2 extends metadata validation by enhancements to the Set Property Value function in PowerWeb and Import Packages in Explorer. With these enhancements, validation of metadata can now be more tightly controlled and the workload to correct invalid metadata is reduced.
Other Enhancements: General Improvements / Capabilities and Outcome
We value the voice of our customers. Meridian server 2020 is being continuously improved based on your feedback, leading to many smaller improvements in Meridian and PowerWeb, including:
- E-signature support for OpenID, allowing deployment validation processes when using OpenID and increasing the reach for validated environments.
- An option to sync Local WorkSpace on Project Workflow transitions enables use of Meridian Project as ‘binders’ for a group of documents.
- Further Scalability improvements; PowerWeb is now tested with 500 concurrent users accessing a Vault with 1 million documents concurrently.
Meridian Server 2020 R2 is available now. To learn more about Meridian
Symetri expands into US market with acquisition of Microdesk and becomes the #1 Global Autodesk Solution Provider
Symetri, one of Europe’s leading solution providers of digital BIM, product design and lifecycle solutions, today announced it has acquired Microdesk Inc, an Autodesk Platinum Partner haeadquartered in the US.Learn more
Symetri has tightened the partnership with Accruent by adding Maintenance Connection to the portfolio. Maintenance Connection is a user-friendly CMMS that allows all working with asset and facility management og maintenance to store and document data in one cloud solution. This new solution offer is in line with Symetri’s strategy to be an international market-leading partner of software and services to the build environment and manufacturing industries.Learn more