Control and manage the special features of power line planning, including all the power line planning functionalities that you need.
Basepower, a bespoke application built upon the market leader in CAD software, Civil 3D, controls and manages the special features of power line planning, including all the power line planning functionalities that you need.
Basepower software facilitates medium voltage or high voltage power line planning with its 3D design functionality based on Civil’s terrain model and its totally 3D editable objects such as poles, conductors, and insulators. Automatically generated profiles and print outs of the 3D models help you to pitch your design to residents, landowners and other interest groups, presenting the power line as it would really look in the landscape at the right scale. Conductor sag tension and wind swing calculations are based on the Cenelec standard to ensure consistent calculation accuracy.
Use Basepower to present and compare different options. Find the best locations for the poles. Basepower leaves you time to control the whole planning process, from editing terrain data to power line structures and conductor strength calculations. The whole project wrapped up in one package.
- Fully supported for the direct reading of different laser scanned terrain data
- Creates terrain models from data provided by measuring devices
- Enables structure editing
- Generates profile views and print outs
- Automatic safe distances to ground level and other conductor calculations in profile views
- Multiple power lines can be presented in the same drawing
- Ruling span method used for conductor sag tension analysis
- Strength calculation for insulators, conductors and poles (not high voltage lines)
- 64 bit version supported